Monday, September 10, 2007

Drinking Habits

A recent comment on Seakayak Photo, the wonderful Scottish blog written by Douglas Wilcox, chided him for writing about visiting seashore pubs for an occasional ale. Of course, we shouldn't be drinking and paddling at the same time, but sometimes it's just too easy. For example, look at these photos. Seeing something odd out on the lake yesterday, I went to check what it was bobbing up and down. Wow, it was a nice cold one, opened, about half full and ready to drink!


First thing I discovered was how ill suited my foredeck was as a place to drink. Each wavelet conspired to pitch the brew into the water diluting the precious contents. I did get some exercise however, each time I recovered the bottle...


Finally, like most enjoyable things, I arrived at the last drop. I must say not having to even get out of the kayak for a brew got me thinking here in Canada we've managed to go one better than the Scots and their shore pubs.


Am I ready to drink and paddle given how easy it's become? No! And, hopefully, not you either!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

No, cos you will spill it. Must admit, I do enjoy the wee hipflask's cognac I pack away for the evenings...

Silbs said...

Guess you'll be getting a new kayak, one with a flat fore deck :))