Wednesday, February 24, 2010

FIMO Kayaks


I've been playing with the art clay called FIMO recently for a geocaching idea I have and came across this interesting boat seen in the photo above. It seems that FIMO, a polymer clay material, comes in transparent colours including clear. Given the seductiveness of having a see-through kayak, a company has jumped into the business of producing just such an item. While not technically a kayak, I suspect if the demand is there, it won't be long in coming to the market.

As for me, I prefer to paddle well covered up. Perhap's it's an age thing...

4 comments:

Silbs said...

I think these have been in the Sharper Image catalog for a while. I can see the treat of looking down into the filthy water of the Milwaukee River, however, one would need to give up a certain amount of privacy under the spray deck. Life is a compromise.

DummyDiva said...

There's a plastic rec kayak called a Peek-a-Boo. It has a window to the water at the bottom of the boat. I forget who makes it.

Birgit said...

Still, very cool looking, would be excellent to just have around when you wanted a very scenic paddle...

bonnie said...

Would be utterly pointless in NYC - water's too murky - but in Hawaii? COOL. I had seen that before too.