Monday, May 7, 2007

Don't Read This If You're Working!

My busy, buzzing classroom.

If you're supposed to be working right now, I'm sorry you're reading these words and looking at these pictures. You see I worked once too and as you can see in the picture above, it was tough keeping all those rambunctious kids in line during the last couple of months at school each year...

Hooded merganser on Kingscroft pond.

Anyway, right now I'm a 'ducker', as you can see. I'm out paddling and biking around looking for ducks which have stopped in our area during their annual northern migration. Like school kids, they don't have a lot of interest in seeing me or cooperating with my instructions either. So I still have to be sneaky and pretend to be not doing what I'm really doing. Life may change, but it tends to stay the same, doesn't it?

4 comments:

Silbs said...

Besides divesting ourselves of our chilren's inheritence, our responsibilies are to ourselves. Gray power!

Michael said...

My advantage is never having had anything to pass along, thus saving my children years of anquish as I spend everything I get before they see it!

clairesgarden said...

do you ever watch the muppets? and there's these two grumpy old men having a good moan at the end. . . .

Michael said...

Gee, Claire, are you suggesting something here...? LOL