Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Klogging 500


I noticed the other day that I was typing out my 500th entry on this blog. While this number pales in comparison to several other bloggers, it gives me a bit of satisfaction knowing at least it's visible proof that I've done something since I retired from teaching a few years ago. It also makes me think that the word 'blog' may no longer be appropriately descriptive for those of us who blog about the world of kayaking. I am therefore coining a new word: klog, short for 'kayak log'. This word may sound like the activity being enjoyed by the folks in the photo above, but of course the devil's in the spelling.

Those of you who visit René Seindal's Paddling Planet will be aware of how international the klogging world is. I especially enjoy not only reading about the paddling experiences of people around the world, but also have fun trying my foreign language skills on the variety of languages being used to express those adventures. Such a fun planet to live on! Klog on!

7 comments:

oli29 said...

cheers for you 500 blog entries Michael !
I have just half of you on mine.

bonnie said...

Klogging! I love it!

Douglas Wilcox said...

Klogratulations Michael! Not just 500 posts. 500 good posts thank you.

:o)

Silbs said...

Kudos on your 500th and your talent around neologisms.

Unknown said...

Congrats Michael! Quite a large inukshuk your building on this virtual shore ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congats. I feel ilira:-)
http://www.nunatsiaq.com/archives/nunavut981130/nunani.html

Silbs said...

April 10th: Michael, I know you are away from home base and likely somewhere along the east coast of our country. I know it may be hard to find internet access in a kayak and that posting a new blog will take a while. But, Michael, I visit your blog every day and can no longer stand looking at those two dancers :>) Trust all is well and you are having a good time.