Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Smoke on the Water

Yesterday I went down to North Hatley to see how the ice was doing in its annual melting process. I do this now and then each Spring. I have learnt to focus some mental forces on the ice, forcing it to melt. I found out how to do this while watching Yoda in some of the Star Wars flicks... Do you remember how he showed Luc how to get that rocket ship out of the muck? That scene is critical... Anyway the ice was beginning to look dark and thin. My powers were obviously working! The Force was powerful.

Then I noticed smoke drifting over the water! I was over-doing it. No, wait, it wasn't me! It was the ancient 5 star hotel, Auberge Hatley, burning. Now that was unbelieveable. A century old hotel was rapidly being turned into flame, smoke and ash. It was horrible to see. So many of my kayaking (yes, there is a kayaking link here) photos have that hotel in the background. There will definitely be a hole in those photos from now on. A sad day in this little resort town...

Hopefully no one noticed me using the Force. I'd hate to get locked up for starting a fire, although most prisons probably have rolling pools these days so I could work on perfecting my Greenland rolls while incarcerated. Prisons have come so far in the past century or so. Hey, and there's always Photoshop for putting the hotel back into the photos...

No comments: