Sunday, December 3, 2006

Well, It Was Nice When I Left...


I was sitting in the den scanning memories, when the sun burst into the room. Sun? That means paddling where I live. I checked the temperature: 2.5°C That's a go! I loaded the boat and headed to my late season put-in. On arrival I noticed the clouds were moving in quickly...


I headed under the bridges and down the river for a ways. Looks like it's just the ducks and me on the water today. That's okay, I don't mind. Why should I? I turned around and headed back onto the lake. The wind was picking up. Hundreds of geese swirled high in the sky, uncertain to land now that I was out there messing with their landing flight patterns. The clapotis off the park wall was fun. I passed through it and headed up the lake. It was definitely getting windier and the waves were building. A few started breaking further up the lake. I headed towards them.


Wow! It's getting fun! But it looks like picture-taking is over for the day. The light's going, the boats jumping too much and I'd better get back to the put-in because I forgot to pack my light after changing the batteries yesterday. Great day on the water. Think I'll go out again!

2 comments:

clairesgarden said...

ah it looks chilly, and with wind picking up even chillier(is that a real word?)
Cuba would definatley be warmer!
http://www.communitysolution.org/cuba.html

Michael said...

Sounds like a good idea, Claire. Meet you there!