Monday, December 12, 2011
Eastern Sharbot Lake Paddle
Sharbot Lake is another smallish lake in central Ontario which I visited recently. While it's mostly cottage country, with some built on islands as well, it is nonetheless an interesting paddling venue. While I prefer cottages to be old fashioned and tucked away from the water, it is of some interest to see how building tastes have changes over the years. Some reflect our growing affluance and are virtually palaces. Elaborate docks and floating rafts are all part of the cottage experience...
Of course, no sane cottager would not have an Adirondack chair or two out somewhere on the property for the comfort of out-of-season paddlers...
Warm weather for late November made the paddle pleasant, as did the calm waters. This island cottage appears to have been an old home which has been 'upgraded' with turrets and a fancy boathouse. The 1% builds, the 99% (or a part of them) paddles!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like a nice paddling day Michael.
Ah, yes, the 1% builds and then leaves it unoccupied for 99% of the year. Glad you got to enjoy a nice paddle so late in the season.
Post a Comment