Monday, March 20, 2006

Oh Dear, Where to Begin...


I've never built anything as large as a kayak in my basement (aka trash heap) before. The previous boats were built either in our barn or my workshop in another building. This place looks cramped, untidy, unready... Do I clean up first or just dive in? Why clean up, I'm only going to be making a new mess... Maybe I'll go and get the wood first... Mmmmm those boards will likely be too long to fit in here... What if the kayak is too big to take out? Could I get away with flooding the basement and having my own, personal rolling pool, with built in floating obstacles mimicking Greenland ice floes? That would be cool! After all, this kayak is to be really for rolling practice. It's isn't for tripping or anything... Still, a permanently flooded basement could raise other issues...
Maybe I'd be better off thinking this through a bit more...

No comments: