Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Feeling Good


One of my vivid memories from the Delmarva Paddlers Retreat is the early morning yoga sessions offered by a number of people who attended the event. My memories are not of being at those classes, but of being warmly snuggled down in my sleeping bag knowing I was getting a few minutes of extra rest while those poor suckers took orders on how to perform various muscle-tearing contortions while half asleep. Such bliss...

Well, I've grown up, a bit. I bought a 'Yoga For Paddlers' DVD and stored it on the bookshelf for a while, waiting, I suppose, for both of us to age sufficiently. Last week it all came together. I put the DVD in the player, sat on my new mat and did my best to follow the instructions for Session I. I wish I'd got up at Delmarva. I already feel better. I'm a bit fresher, a bit livelier, sprier, and that's after just a week!

Will I paddle better? Of course I will. And even if I don't, I'll be thinking I do and that's the joy of it, isn't it?

3 comments:

Lee said...

Delmarva Paddlers Retreat has been on my things to do list. I really wish Canada had something similar for paddlers. Quajaq Canada would be a bad thing to see started either.

Yoga eh? Something I never really thought of, they have it once a week right across from my house..maybe I will.

Lee said...

wouldnt be a bad thing ;0)

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it