Saturday, November 22, 2008

Blogger Brain Activity


Just when I was pretty sure than my blogging activity was a brainless activity and a total diversionary dillusion, I'm shown to be wrong. Clare, an ex Canadian police officer living in Arctic Bay on the northeast corner of Baffin Island, writes a marvelous blog on northern events in his part of the world. He showed us the way recently, suggesting that blogging does, in fact, use a part of our brain during production! Will wonders, ever cease?

The chart shown above is a map of my brain actually writing this blog according to a service called 'Typealyzer'. It turns out, not only am I using my brain to write this stuff, but I'm a 'Doer' as well. In spite of some criticisms I had in the past, I can actually do things! This site has been a really big boost now I'm facing these darkening days' descent into the desperate doings called winter...

6 comments:

Silbs said...

Wonderful post. I have been tested in this area and spent some time studying it. I believe that most of us (bloggers, especially the paddling types)are dominant on both the left (logic) and right (conceptual) sides of the brain. It is actually a difficult state of mind as it takes such a variety of things and activities to keep us from being bored or restless. Love the chart.

Michael said...

It is interesting. I entered a few bloggers I know personally and was astounded by the accuracy of this thing. Try it yourself and tell me what you found...

bonnie said...

I got "The Mechanic".

"They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts."

Good grief. That is SO me, it's almost scary.

O Docker said...

I'm so skeptical of these smarty pants know-it-all experts.

Which part of the brain is used for copy editing, and just what is rhytm, anyway?

Bonnie's coming over later today to work on my plumbing.

bonnie said...

Yup. Just don't tell me how to do, I'd rather figure it out for myself.

Michael said...

I believe 'rhytm' is what you end up with when your 'h' slips out from under your keyboard and floats done the drain while your plumber reads the 'how-to' manual... It can be loads of fun apparently. LOL