Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Here We Go Again!


It's a bit ironic that on the very day that friends are heading to Tampa, Florida to begin this year's WaterTribe Everglades Challenge Race I should be returning to winter with another big fall of snow! So instead of paddling through mangrove tunnels, I'll be shoveling my way through snow-drifts. Poor them, missing all the fun!

On another topic, I've subscribed to Rapid Media's Green Magazine version of Adventure Kayak. To me this online version of a print magazine is the way into the future and I wish more publishers would consider an online version. It's cheaper, quicker, more ecologically sound and there's nothing to clutter up the house. Back issues are always handy and don't go moldy in the basement. To my way of thinking, it's the best of all worlds.


The current issue has mini-bios of many of today's women paddlers and a review of Boréal Design's new Baffin. Is there a plastic boat in my future? A woman paddler? Hmmmmm... LOL

No comments: