Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Down Ta Maine.

Tropical storm 'Kyle' had its way with a little Greenland style event which a few folks down in Maine had planned for last weekend. Thanks to 'Kyle' the event got washed out and chilled out, and now has been re-scheduled for another weekend later in October. I was disappointed. I was looking forward to meeting some old friends and making some new ones. By Monday, I decided, why not go down to Maine anyway and at least paddle around a bit. So I did!


I put in off the dock in South Freeport and in no time came up against this imposing bow of a good size motor-cruiser. Lovely boat actually, but hardly my style. As I headed out towards Casco Bay, this lovely wooden schooner appeared. Not many of these ladies around anymore, so I was glad to come across her and take her picture for my scrapbook. I just love the lines of a schooner rig. I wish she's been underway!


I followed shorelines and watched the lobster boys do their thing for most of the day. It was fun to be on the coast again and just paddle here and there, enjoying the sights, smells and sounds. I didn't get to play with the Greenland crowd, but the trip was worthwhile. I'll have to go down there again this fall if the weather stays half decent!

No comments: