Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Flags


With the trees beginning to show off their Fall colours, these people have decided to announce their allegiances. It seems that Canada, France, Italy and the USA all get the nod.

I have no idea why those countries have been favoured but it's good to know that there are such wide-flung connections in our area. I personally enjoy the multi-cultural aspect of Canada and the willingness of people to openly display their heritages and perhaps also their dreams.

38/100

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Perhaps they're their favourite teams for the Rugby World Cup currently playing (in France)? Which, of course, the All Blacks will win...

Michael said...

Of course. Don't they always win? ;-)

Kristen said...

Sadly, no...

Michael said...

Kristen - I think you're mixing up 'highest score' with 'winning'. If I support a team, they ALWAYS win, regardless of the score (at least that's what I used to tell my students).

ForrestalFoto said...

I stopped on a paddle early this summer and asked the owner of those flags what their significance was -- they represent the family heritage and, if i remember correctly, the order in which they fly represents the percentage each nation represents in the lineage...